One of my favorite quotes comes from an “Ask Me Anything” session on Reddit where Bill Nye “the Science Guy” said “Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.” His potent quotable came to mind the moment I saw the “Share the Wisdom” roundtables Invent Your Future will feature at its Silicon Valley Conference April 28th.
As a conference alum, my advice to roundtable newbies is to think of it as speed dating for innovators. These are intimate, engaging meetup-style chats with big thinkers.
If you’re registered for the conference, then you’re a step ahead with the #ArtOfTheStart keynote from maverick Guy Kawasaki, #Breakthrough session with teen innovator and scientist Jack Andraka, and a host of knockout speakers. With the countdown on to prep your #IYFSV15 game plan (agenda here), these roundtables are a sure bet to unleash your inner innovator.
Attendees can attend two roundtables below between 3:15 – 4:30.
- Executive Communication – Sydnie Kohara, Media Strategist, Former CBS & CNBC News Anchor
- Politics of Promotion – Bonnie Marcus, Author, The Politics of Promotion
- De-biasing Decisions – Della Quinlan, Managing Dir., Culture Integration International
- Engaging Men – Joni Podolsky, Global Diversity, Inclusion, & Outreach Manager, Brocade Communications
- The Power of Mentoring – Ravi Gundlapalli, CEO, MentorCloud
- Entrepreneurship – B.J. Arun, CEO, July Systems; Convenor, TiEcon 2015
- Marketing – Linda Popky, Owner and Marketing Expert, Leverage2Market Associates
- Business Accelerators – Pascal Finette, Managing Dir., Singularity University
- Microfinancing – Trish Costello, CEO, Portfolia
- Read to Succeed – Stephen Smith, Audience Development Account Executive, Silicon Valley Business Journal
- Personal Branding – Jacqui Buchanan, Strategic Communications Consultant
- Expanding your Network – Cheri Leonard, Senior Technical Program Manager, Samsung
- Building Your Brand on Twitter – Laurie Kretchmar, Laurie Kretchmar Associates
The Invent Your Future Silicon Valley Conference takes place April 28, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Register here.
Joanna Rustin, is CEO of Rustin Communications, a firm that helps high-growth companies build a larger-than-life market presence. She’s also a forever fan of Invent Your Future and Dare 2B Digital. @joanna_rustin
Bill Nye quote image source: Hannah Le on Pinterest